Yuuck!

early snow

Mat took this picture this morning from our back door. We can’t even see the thermometer outside the kitchen window because it is all covered in snow and ice. Swearing might be appropriate.Laughing

It’s going to melt tomorrow apparently. Winter doesn’t really start this early around here.

For a happier photo check out my new header. That was taken on Thanksgiving weekend (Saturday, October 11th) on our way over to the Gatineau park for a walk in the woods. It is the north side of the Ottawa River taken from an island in the middle of the river. There are some other photos taken on our walk that I might have to post.

This entry was posted in weather. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Yuuck!

1. Ron says:

The temperature here has been dropping steadily since yesterday afternoon. I expect we’ll be close to freezing temps by suppertime.

2. mrs. dani says:

YUUK!?\

I am jealous!!!! I would love to be in snow & ice again! I grew up in PA but alas, fell in love with a southern, country boy. Sigh! I miss the smow so bad. Christmas time is the hardest without it.

In South Carolina our four seasons are almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christams; none of which are cold. No snow, no leaves changing color.

I am soooo envious of you.

3. woodstone says:

Your new header is beautiful! We don’t have trees like that here in Colorado. :(

I’m also envious of your snow… We’ve had only a dusting so far, and are overdue for a nice big snowstorm!

4. Mama says:

The new header is beautiful! :-) Sorry about the yucky weather. We’ve even been getting some flurries here south of the Mason-Dixon!

5. Mairi says:

Hullo! I saw your comment on Stephanie’s blog – last thing I expected was to see a plug for Ross’s babysitting in the Yarn Harlot blog comments, hee, hee.

I still miss Ottawa, snow and all.

6. kim says:

It was just a fluke. Its sunny and warm out now right?

7. liese4 says:

Oh, I see, it’s you who has taken my snow. It’s Nov. 6th and still no snow here! How can I skip schoolwork to take the kids sledding when there’s no snow?